Re: Europa-List: NMEA

Subject: Re: Europa-List: NMEA
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:35:04
Peter, well done.

Alan

Sent from my iPad

On 16 Aug 2013, at 17:27, " Peter Jeffers" <pjeffers@talktalk.net> wrote:

> Hi Ferg,
>
> I have this very afternoon instructed my Lowrance to transmit NMEA version
 2 configured to RMC & RMB to the autopilot.  If you are correct with your s
tatement below then with any luck on Sunday my Auto pilot may just take me t
o the Laddingford Europa fly in all by itself.  I await being amazed by tech
nology that I do not understand.

ver@matronics.com] On Behalf Of f.kyle@sympatico.ca
> Sent: 16 August 2013 15:42
> To: 5EUROPALIST
> Subject: Europa-List: NMEA
>
>             Cheers,
>             I=99m off the study of this topic, but can offer a clue.
 I have a ham program which permits the use of the NMEA protocol. This worth
y application includes a series =9Cstatements=9D which allow the
 GPS receiver to calculate your position, and other qualities. However, it w
as designed as  marine program, wherein ships don=99t usually change r
oute every few minutes as our aircraft might. Therefore, it is missing a sen
tence which allows for setting up a series of legs on a flight. This is eith
er RMB or RMC (I think the former - experts please correct). I have failed t
o discover a device - other than the multi-buck aircraft navs - which includ
e this vital sentence. For clarity why not consult Wikipedia, which explains
 it far better than I what the sentences are. It=99s marvellous - and s
houldn=99t leave anyone =98cold=99.

=========
=========
=========