AW: Europa-List: G Load testing

Subject: AW: Europa-List: G Load testing
From: UVTREITH <uvtreith@tonline.de>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 12:38:46
Hi Craig,

It is a must in Germany and other countries to do a positive static
g-load
test. You have to support the fuselage very strong and rigid with the
bottom
upwards.

You install the wings level and measure the distance of the wing tips to
the
floor (using a mixing stick, taped on the wing tip.)

Then you have to put weight on (sand sacks or cement sacks with 25 kg
each)
in an exactly definite position and in three steps, so at the end you
will
get the full load as required and in the correct position on the wings.
After each (loading) step you have to measure the distance from the
wingtip
end to the floor.

After these three steps you remove the load and measure again to get the
setting difference of the whole plain before and after the loading
procedure.

With this test we demonstrate the maximum wing load. We do not do flying
load tests as the results can get worse (accident Miles/Sweeting). We
have
got also wing load tests which failed do to not proper made fuselage.

Believe me, when you do this test in the very late phase and you can
hear
the noise and cracking sound of the fuselage setting and the fuselage is
still ok after this, the next some pints of bitter are tasting terrific
good.  Attached are some info about the set up and procedure of the wing
load and tailwing load test.

If you need more info, please let me know.

Safe and happy flying,

Bruno

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----