Europa-List: G Load testing

Subject: Europa-List: G Load testing
From: craig <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 09:00:18

I have seen a few photos on the group over the years with
a/c inverted and bags of sand, concrete, gold coins etc stacked
evenly on the wings to simulate the G loading, question is how are
people supporting the weight for this test through the fuselage itself
obviously the top of the cockpit would be insufficient to take such a load
of what 8000+ pounds, assuming 6g x 1370lb, or do I have the math wrong on
this

my thoughts were it may be easier to keep the A/C upright and load the
weight
into the cockpit with the whole lot supported by cradle and a few extra
supports under each wing