Europa-List: Re: UK Mono Training

Subject: Europa-List: Re: UK Mono Training
From: Richard Lamprey <lamprey.richard@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 01:07:38

Dave, you may want to start tailwheel conversion on something simple, then build
up.  Having completed my monowheel Europe classic in Kenya in 1999, I came to
UK for conversion.  All my experience was on nosewheels (4000 hours Cessnas
and Pipers- mostly Cessna 206), so I started on a docile taildragger, the
Citabria,
at Compton Abbas (2 hours); then Supercub at Old Sarum (2 hours); then on
the PFA coaching scheme's instructor Air Vice Marshall John Brownlow on a
borrowed
Europa at Cambridge airport (3 hours and thanks to Tony Smythe for loan
of G-BWZT).  John Brownlow is a very patient coach, and is still very active
in his retirement, saving kit plane builders from themselves at first flight
stage...
You might want to contact him.
Best
Richard