RE: Europa-List: windscreen de-fogging

Subject: RE: Europa-List: windscreen de-fogging
From: Duncan & Ami <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 09:49:40

I took an air feed off the top of one of the side NACA ventilators,
primarily to squirt cool air over the back of the Terra transponder (which
(and the radios too) don't appreciate being cooked behind the standard
sealed Europa panel). There are slots cut in the top of the panel below the
bottom of the windscreen. It's not foolproof for demisting on the ground
(but a wiping cloth is!), but it does keep mist cleared in flight. I had one
computer fan previously, which worked similarly, but I took it out (heavy,
noisy, power consumer).

DMcF.