Re: Europa-List: Outside aircraft

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Outside aircraft
From: andrew cullum <asc23111964@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 00:52:47

Yes,good point Fred.
Just to illustrate my point,a few years ago there was a Rallye Minerva parked at
a local airfield.
It had a composite Hoffman variable pitch propellor,almost brand new.
Sadly, the owner hadnt paid the bill for
Maintenance,so the company put it outside,without removing the propellor.
It remained outside for about 18 months,which meant particularly cold temps in
winter,snow etc.
I examined the prop and lo and behold,
Every blade had a nasty crack at the base close to the vari pitch hub,about 2"
long....water ingress and freezing damage obviously.
I rest my case.
Andy Cullum.

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 Jul 2013, at 00:28, "Fred Klein" <fklein@orcasonline.com> wrote:

> Sounds to me like this ship would deserve full sand bagging for checking POS
and NEG G-loading before flight test...

> On Jul 5, 2013, at 11:33 AM, andrew cullum wrote:
>
>> The aircraft I saw here in the U.K.at first
>> Looked ok,but on closer inspection,it was obvious it was in a sorry
>> state,with
>> Quite a few blisters mid-way on the D-box on the wing,..just where you don't
want to see them.
>> So,it looks like it would require major strip dry out at 35-40 c
>> dehumidifiers,
>> Silica gel etc,and even then there could
>> Be underlying freezing damage to the structure,which would require
>> investigation
before any re-painting was