RE: Europa-List: Misreading altimeter, TWICE!

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Misreading altimeter, TWICE!
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 17:30:27

Hi Richard,

I have had the same problem with a Chinese altimeter.  Mine only went to
4000 feet and I did not touch the pitot or static.  I purchased an
(expensive) Winter altimeter and have had no more problems.  If I remember
rightly, I reset it once by disengaging the baro adjust mechanism but it did
it again within 12 months.

Regards

Brian Davies G-DDBD