Europa-List: Use of reserve tank

Subject: Europa-List: Use of reserve tank
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 13:06:56

First sorry I didn't make it to the UK AGM - too windy for me.

I mentioned in my Gumpy Scotland post that I landed with 11 litres remaining.
That
was the reading on my FP-5L and I was able to put in 57 litres of fuel and
so it was confirmed.

I was tempted to switch to reserve on approach for a sure 9 ltrs or so
hopefully
there.  I didn't but I was ready to switch. Opinions?
Also I wondered how much would be on the reserve side after a few (gentle)turns.
I guess you would actually have a bit longer on main and less than expected
in reserve.

Also I filled to the top, I cant recall if the 68ltrs included the neck etc
(Mono
rubber style.

--------
Graeme Bird