RE: Europa-List: wing lift/drag pins

Subject: RE: Europa-List: wing lift/drag pins
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 15:03:09

Sue,

David's advice regarding an LAA inspector is good, especially with a newly
acquired aircraft.  Having said that, if you move the wing tip back and
forth, a few thousandths of an inch play at the rear wing pin will translate
to noticeable movement at the wing tip because of the geometry.  There must
be some clearance or you would not be able to get the pins in or out. My
aircraft has been like this from new and I have been unable to find any
significant play in any of the fittings. It may not be a problem but it is
best to get it checked.

Regards

Brian Davies G-DDBD