Re: SV: Europa-List: Routing to and from Duxford

Subject: Re: SV: Europa-List: Routing to and from Duxford
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 19:00:28

Svein, In the vicinity you tune into Stansted on 120.625
and squawk 0013 WITHOUT talking to them, and with mode C
(or S if you have it). If they think you are too close or
are heading into their space they may radio 'plane
overhead XXX contact us on frequency YYY.' It is a system
quite widespread in the UK called Listening Squawks, you
do not need to talk to them at all, but they can contact
you if they think you are heading into trouble. If you
want to actually talk to someone then you can talk to
London Info anywhere in UK and they will give you local
QNH or weather at your destination if you ask them. I will
copy the CAA leaflet on Listening Squawks to you and
include it on the Europa website.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ