Europa-List: Rotax 914 yellow caution light blinking

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax 914 yellow caution light blinking
From: Jerry Rehn <rehn@rockisland.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 10:01:46

The yellow caution light is blinking. The warning lights come on and go off as
they should when the tcu is powered up, the waste gate cycles thru properly at
startup as well. With the engine running the yellow light is not blinking at
idle but starts to blink at about 2300 rpm and continues as rpms rise, go below
2300rpm and the light goes out. With the engine off and the turbo powered up
the yellow light also is off at idle throttle setting and if I advance the
throttle
the light starts blinking and will stop as I pull back. So it seems that
the throttle sensor is sending a signal to the tcu as it moves. But what is
the issue? Sensor, tcu, other.
This issue just started on its own. So, the rotax folks would like me to remove
the tcu and send it in for diagnoses. Anybody had this issue? I have searched
this and have seen it discussed but the threads just end with no resolution,
so I know I'm not alone out there.
Also the turbo is working and does boost the engine but I pretty sure it is
adding
boost too soon for the throttle setting which also points to the throttle
sensor.
Lastly my tcu is of the old type 4.5 which needs the dongle to talk to a pc in
dos! So I can't plug in my pc and test it myself. Anybody know if a dongle is
available and software? Maybe Lockwood or?
Regards
Jerry

Sent from my iPad