Re: Europa-List: Airmaster AC200 Feather light on during flight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Airmaster AC200 Feather light on during flight
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 07:49:07

Hi Gordon,
If the prop is operating within its optimum range than the feather green light
should definitely not be flickering on.
The other flickering lights  indicate which way the propeller is adjusting to
fine
the best pitch to optimize the performance. Green light is the prop is going
to a finer pitch and the yellow light means it is trying to find a coarser
pitch.
Martin at Airmaster will be able to help. Contact him via the Airmaster web
site.
Maybe a connection problem. Does the RPM change with the feather light on? If
not
then it is an indication problem.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street
Fendalton,
Christchurch,  8052
New Zealand.

ward.t@xtra.co.nz

Ph 64 3 3515166
Mob 0210640221

On 23/05/2013, at 6:16 AM, "GBWFH2010" <gaxuk2001@gmail.com> wrote:

> When flying today the Airmaster propeller appeared to function perfectly,
> however
every so often at seemingly random intervals the green FEATHER lamp would
light for one or two seconds and then extinguish. The propeller did not attempt
to feather but it is somewhat disconcerting to see this illuminated.

> What I did notice was a very slight flickering of all the instrument needles.
Could this be coincidence or is this linked to the spurious prop indication?
I have checked all the earthing on the aircraft and could not find any obvious
fault.