Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa monowheel trailer, fuselage support

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa monowheel trailer, fuselage support
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 16:54:55
Hi Phil

I took couple of new photos and they are attached.

You can find at least four Europa mono trailer
mods, which all are important (at least I think
so):

1) Fuselage support "pads". a Fuselage side of
them is softened. They are not welded - they are
removable as my daughter shows. That is a must to
make a fuselage moveable. The wing carriers are
not very stable by nature. They are normally fixed
by pip-pins only. I added locking bolts also and
now they are like welded. An extra advantage:
fuselage must be very straight before dropping
those pads to the wing carriers. These pads reduce
some heavy sideway loads from the gear /main wheel
swing. Green and red colour are just for fun.

2) Douple axle. 2nd axle is totally useless until
you really need it! Just one axle and an explosing
tire etc could be a first class disaster and
spoiling your fun for ever. Yes - there are
several people driving decades w/o safety belts
also...

3) A Trailer floor. To make a trailer stronger, to
keep an Europa cleaner and without damages when
towing. When a trailer is garaged /hangared  a
floor is also useful to keep things on it. A
trailer with a floor has even multipurpose tasks.

4) Doupled tail lights. To make night operations
more safety ;)

Wishes, Raimo

OH-XRT

-----Alkuper=E4inen viesti-----