Re: Europa-List: Europa monowheel trailer, fuselage support

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa monowheel trailer, fuselage support
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 21:53:59
Richard,
I installed a foam support between the wing support and the fuselage to keep
 the fuselage in situ.
I glued the dense foam to the top 8 inches to the inside of the support and s
haped the other side to the same line as the fuselage where it meets. So whe
n you raise the supports after loading the aircraft onto the trailer the sup
ports comfortable stand upright in place with the foam against the fuselage.
 Foam is good as it allows the fuselage to move in situ, enough to cope with
 the bumps in the road.
Can do a photo if you like.
Cheers,
Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street
Fendalton,
Christchurch,  8052
New Zealand.

ward.t@xtra.co.nz

Ph 64 3 3515166
Mob 0210640221

On 30/04/2013, at 9:30 PM, Dave Glowa <dave.glowa@termrim.co.uk> wrote:

> Richard
>
> You may find the answers to your question if you go to the Europa Club Gal
lery, Bob Borger has posted a set of pictures for the monowheel trailer date
d 6th December 2012.

> I am also at the stage where I need a trailer and I too have concerns as t
o whether the Europa trailer can cope with our roads, you have probably got b
etter ones than we have in West Yorkshire.

> If anyone has got the dimensions available I would be pleased to know. If y
ou can build a plane I am sure you can build the trailer.

=========
=========
=========
=========