RE: Europa-List: Europa monowheel trailer, fuselage support

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Europa monowheel trailer, fuselage support
From: philip george <philipgeorge347@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:19:54
Richard i built my own version of the factory trailer and yes the only supp
ort for the fuselage is the ramp ally channel that fits snugly either side
of the u/c main channel . I added two support pad blocks  4"x4" between the
 the wing sling supports and the side of the fuselage.  These pads sit agai
nst the area of the fuselage covered by the wing root in front of the spar
hole . The pads are made from plywood covered in upholstery foam and PVC ec
t. It works well and takes the sideways rock out of the fuselage =2C if i c
an find some photos i will send them .
                                      Phil George  (G-EORJ)  mono

> Subject: Europa-List: Europa monowheel trailer=2C fuselage support
> From: lamprey.richard@gmail.com
> Date: Mon=2C 29 Apr 2013 23:29:13 -0700
> To: europa-list@matronics.com

il.com>

> Good morning all=2C
>
> I have photos of the original Europa monowheel trailer=2C from the factor
y (when I visited in 1995)=2C and from other kind contributors to this site
.  The factory one has G-ELSA parked in it=2C so in the photos the wings ob
scure the fuselage.  Photos from others don't have the Europa in it.

> I have the only Europa in this region of the world=2C so I cant see a tra
iler in real life=2C all I have is photos.

> This may sound stupid=2C but I can't for the life of me work out what kee
ps the fuselage upright=2C except for the mainwheel and leg lodged in their
 hinged cradle.  There must be significant forces on the cradle=2C its hing
e=2C and on the undercarriage swinging arm and its hinges onto the undercar
riage frame.

> There is a gap between fuselage and wing cradles=2C so the cradles don't
seem to be doing any support.

> So it would seem that the wheel cradle keeps the whole plot upright=2C an
d strong enough to counter any tipping forces as the thing goes around corn
ers.  This might be fine for mirror smooth UK country lanes at 40 km/hr=2C
but on our Kenya roads=2C which are mostly holes=2C this isn't going to wor
k.

> Perhaps I have missed something here.  Does anyone have a Europa factory-
style monowheel trailer with fuselage supports=2C or a fuselage cradle?  An
d can send me pictures?