Re: Europa-List: Re: Aileron setup

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Aileron setup
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 21:51:30
Flying with a little bit of up aileron is not a bad thing, bit of washout b
ut also reduces drag in the cruise. =0AI tried to line up the flaps with th
e ailerons. The print out of the section from Don's digital figures =0Agave
 a small amount of reflex at the trailing edge. Just like the gliders use.
=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: AirEupora
 <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Sunday,
 31 March 2013, 16:40=0ASubject: Europa-List: Re: Aileron setup=0A =0A--> E
uropa-List message posted by: "AirEupora" <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>=0A=0AI'
m wondering what you are using for your neutral point.=C2- I followed Bud
's suggestion and came out on the money, but it did take a couple of tries
before using his method.=C2- Bud what=C3=A2=82=AC=84=A2s you to use
 the bottom of the ailerons at the splint between ailerons and flaps.=C2-
 I used an electronic type of level. =0AThe two angles in the fuselage have
 to be vertical.=C2- Then the two angles on the wings have to be vertical
.=C2- Follow on out to the bell crank making sure you have full travel he
re and that the bellcrank is in neutral position.=C2- The ailerons will b
e the last.=C2- =0AI have read a number of the fellow Europa builders tha
t fly with a little up aileron.=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ARead this topic online here:
=0A=0Ahttp://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=397419#397419=0A=0A=0A
- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- -Matt Dralle, List Adm
======