Europa-List: Re: Aileron setup

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Aileron setup
From: Richard Wheelwright <rpwheelwright@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 12:58:20

OK
   After another full day trying to get the Ailerons set up with failed result.
It is simply, I have too much down and not enough up on the both Ailerons.  The
results are

STBD
21.4 Up
22.1 Down
43.5 Total Movement

Port
23.1 Down
21.4 Up
44.5 Total

Should Be near to
22.5 Min to 25.5 Max  UP
19 Min 22 Max Down
41.5 Min to 47.5 Max  Total

Setup as by the book. QDs in the Fuselage and the Wing root vertical Stops at 24
degrees before wings rigged and adjustments.

On trying to correct so there  is less down throw by altering the long lateral
pushrod in the wing in the opposite so it hits the stop, stopping the opposite
aileron going down too far. OK now I measured the deflection it is now correct
---From its new position Not Neutral but slightly up. Now to bring the aileron
back to neutral I have to shorten the aileron link rod. On doing so it puts the
aileron back to exactly where I started from ????  Nothing gained at all just
a waste of time.

All I have to do is to get less down and more up.  What am I missing ???

AirEupora I have Used Buds method a few times now and yes it works every time
for
the first setup to get everything in the neutral position. BUT still too much
DOWN and not enough UP

John, Im getting within the correct ratio limits as you will see from above. It
all just wants the deflections moving up about 2 degrees.

 Any suggestions will be very welcome  :x

--------
Richard Wheelwright
G-IRPW
90% finished with that 90% to Finish