Re: Europa-List: Grounding & Fuelling

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Grounding & Fuelling
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 22:39:38
Ferg,
Gary Leinberger may have the best photo's of how I do it.  Gary wanted
the fuelling inlet to be grounded well so I put a small screw into his
aluminum inlet filler neck and a wire down and around the Cobra to the
main battery ground.  My aircraft are normally fitted with an external
jack for recharging and jumping near the battery.  The Anderson Power
Products plugs I use are in contact with the exterior skin so the skin,
fuel filler neck and engine are all on the same plane.  When fuelling,
the grounding cable is attached to the tail pipe.

So with an aluminum cobra, just wrap a wire around that or a #4 = 40
screw tapped in the neck and Redux sealed, the run a bit of #18 wire to
the ground of the aircraft should do it quite cheaply, easy and soundly.

Regards,
Bud