Re: Europa-List: Grounding & Fuelling

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Grounding & Fuelling
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 19:57:08
Graham,
You may be correct as flowing fluids make for a static source, but
still, the static should be discharged through the person fuelling to
ground provided he has made earth contact and contact with the aircraft.
 If he loses contact during fuelling, he may build charge and has a
spark potential.  Again, a self inflicted problem.

The larger breather vent is a good idea, especially in a tail dragger or
you will get wet on a rapid fuelling attempt.

Regards,
Bud