Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 01/08/13

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 6 Msgs - 01/08/13
From: D SAGAR <dsagar@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 13:12:13
I would like to unsubscribe to the europa website.=0ARegards,=0ADari=0A =0A
=0A________________________________=0A From: Europa-List Digest Server <eur
opa-list@matronics.com>=0ATo: Europa-List Digest List <europa-list-digest@m
atronics.com> =0ASent: Wednesday, 9 January 2013, 8:02=0ASubject: Europa-Li
st Digest: 6 Msgs - 01/08/13=0A  =0A*=0A=0A==========
================0A-  Online Versions of Tod
ay's List Digest Archive=0A================
==========0A=0AToday's complete Europa-List Digest can al
so be found in either of the =0Atwo Web Links listed below.- The .html fi
le includes the Digest formatted =0Ain HTML for viewing with a web browser
and features Hyperlinked Indexes =0Aand Message Navigation.- The .txt fil
e includes the plain ASCII version =0Aof the Europa-List Digest and can be
viewed with a generic text editor =0Asuch as Notepad or with a web browser.
 =0A=0AHTML Version:=0A=0A- - http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestvie
w.php?Style=82701&View=html&Chapter 13-01-08&Archive=Europa=0A=0A
Text Version:=0A=0A- - http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?S
tyle=82701&View=txt&Chapter 13-01-08&Archive=Europa=0A=0A=0A=
=======================0A-  E
Mail Version of Today's List Digest Archive=0A=========
===============0A=0A=0A- - - - -  ---
-------------------------------------------------------=0A- - - -
- - - - - - - - -  Europa-List Digest Archive=0A- -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ---=0A
- - - - - - - - - -  Total Messages Posted Tue 01/08/13
: 6=0A- - - - -  ------------------------------------------------
----------=0A=0A=0AToday's Message Index:=0A----------------------=0A=0A-
 -  1. 01:44 AM - Re: Power loss and Inspecting comments- (Max Cointe)
=0A- -  2. 02:52 AM - Re: Power loss and Inspecting comments- (Roland
)=0A- -  3. 02:59 PM - iPad Camara- (Alan Carter)=0A- -  4. 03:20
 PM - Re: iPad Camara- (John O'Connor)=0A- -  5. 04:35 PM - Re: iPad
Camara- (Rob Housman)=0A- -  6. 05:48 PM - Re: iPad Camara- (Robert
 Borger)=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________- Message 1- ______
ax Cointe" <mcointe@free.fr>=0ASubject: RE: Europa-List: Power loss and Ins
pecting comments=0A=0AHi there all !=0A=0A=0ATalking about compromise, what
 about drilling a hole in the plug of the=0Afiller as a vent (like the owne
r of Vega ULM located in our hangar has =0Adone=0Aon his wings). With the s
ight gauge connected to the cobra. Looks like =0Aso=0Asimple but I can=92
t see the inconvenient=85=0A=0A=0AMax- Cointe=0A=0AF-PMLH Europa_TriGea
r=0A=0AKit #560 912ULS Airmaster 450 hours=0A=0A<mailto:mcointe@free.fr> mc
ointe@free.fr=0A=0A=0ADe : owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com=0A[mailto
:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] De la part de Bud Yerly=0AEnvoy=
E9 : mardi 8 janvier 2013 05:20=0A=C0 : europa-list@matronics.com=0AObjet
 : Re: Europa-List: Power loss and Inspecting comments=0A=0A=0APaul,=0A=0AI
 make sure my drain for the cobra neck is a ways down the tube so the =0Afi
rst=0Atime I know my tank is full (other than my sight gauge) is fuel runs
out =0Athe=0Avent / drain.- This keeps the bugs out and the tube clean I
guess.- I =0Aput=0Athe vent inboard just enough to miss my toes on an ove
rfill.=0A=0A=0AAirplanes are 20,000 compromises flying in close formation.
- So we all =0Ahave=0Ato put up with something.- I have never had a pro
blem with my vent tube =0Aor=0Adrain.- But then again I have a trigear an
d operate off of asphalt.- I =0Atoo=0Ado not like fumes in the plane, so
I make a metal elbows for the filler, =0Ause=0Alined fuel tube, (R9 style),
 put drains under the tank bottom=0Areinforcements, under my cockpit module
 where my pumps are, under my =0Aseats=0Awhere the filters are so I know if
 I have a leak anywhere, and it all =0Astays=0Aclean.=0A=0AMy wheel pants a
re quite low for speed and so I avoid soggy grass =0Astrips.=0A=0A=0AThose
who complain about upper vent vs lower vent are living with other=0Acomprom
ises.- I just don't like them up there and because I tend to do a =0Abit
=0Aof spirited flying, fuel comes out of my upper drains if installed and
=0Afuel=0Astains.- They are tough to finish nice also, and the sight gaug
e vent =0Atends=0Ato change the fuel level at different speeds.- They are
 also tougher for =0Athe=0Aupholster to finish on the inside.=0A=0A=0AIt is
 all about compromises and preferences.=0A=0A=0ABest Regards,=0A=0Abud=0A
=0A----- Original Message ----- =0A=0AFrom: Paul McAllister <mailto:paul.th
e.aviator@gmail.com>- =0A=0A=0ASent: Sunday, January 06, 2013 12:09 AM=0A
=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Power loss and Inspecting comments=0A=0A=0ABud
, =0A=0A=0AThank you for your comments.- Well thought out and valuable as
 always.=0A=0A=0AI was one of the earlier pioneers of the system to route m
y filling vent =0Aand=0Ainto the top of the cobra inlet. For the fuel tank
/ system vent I did=0Asomething different again.=0A=0A=0AI adopted the idea
 that Robin use and placed my vent in the backside of =0Athe=0Awing root.
- At the time I thought this was a great idea, but over time=0Aperhaps it
s only a good idea, maybe not even that.- The upside is that =0Ait is=0Au
nlikely to be plugged by mud, but there are a number of downsides:=0A=0A=0A
- Once in a great while, if I over fill the tank, it will run out of =0Athi
s=0Avent and out of the wing root over the flap. I inspect the flap =0Aregu
larly to=0Amake sure fuel has not got inside the core and dissolved the foa
m.=0A=0A=0A- If I over fill the tank the fumes make there way into the flap
 drive =0Aslot=0Aduring flight.=0A=0A=0A- I have to take the wing off to in
spect the vent which doesn't happen=0Aregularly.- There is a slight risk
on my area that an insect called a =0A"Mud=0ADauber" can get in there.=0A
=0A=0ASo, in conclusion, while these departures from the original design se
em =0Alike=0Aa good idea there are often hidden consequences.=0A=0A=0AOver
the years I have become involved in inspecting and technical=0Acounselling
for the EAA, and the experience of this community has taught =0Ame=0Athat f
uel systems and modifications to them feature high on the list of=0Aacciden
t causes.=0A=0A=0ACheers, Paul=0A=0A=0AOn Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Bud