Europa-List: RE: 914 surging/loss of power

Subject: Europa-List: RE: 914 surging/loss of power
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 03:16:09
Jim wrote:

"The big learning experiences: be sure the fuel tank vent on the belly i
s clear,be sure there are no kinks or restrictions in the fuel tank vent
 system andclean the belly tank vent thoroughly every condition inspecti
on.Funny how we always thought about the fuel tank vent system in terms
of space forfuel to expand while sitting in the sun and in terms of lett
ing air out ofthe tank during refueling, but we never thought about it's
 most important jobof letting air into the tank to replace fuel consumed
!"

To help ensure the engine doesn't suddenly go quiet due to a blockage of
 the vent system I installed a diaphragm check valve via a tee in the ve
nt line.  During normal operations the check valve is closed.  However,
if the vent line were to become blocked and a vacuum created in the tank
 the check valve would open allowing air into the tank from the cabin.

Happy New Year,
Erich Trombley
N28ET Classic Mono 914

Woman is 53 But Looks 25
53/YO Mom reveals 1 simple wrinkle trick that has angered doctors...
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/50e3a6ce4463826ce2f9est01vuc