Europa-List: what wire/cable to use for rotax magneto p-leads

Subject: Europa-List: what wire/cable to use for rotax magneto p-leads
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 10:52:21

My Rotax 912S did not come with leads for killing the mags (what are normally
called
p-leads in standard aircraft practice). I almost bought some screened cable
that was on special offer at the LAA Rally, but couldn't get any assurance
---From the vendor that it would be suitable for leads to the mag switches - ie
sufficiently high voltage rating.

Is there any recommendation for a type of cable to use for the leads to the
Rotax
mag switches? Or can anyone tell me what the voltage rating for mag leads ought
to be?

in friendship

Rowland