Re: Europa-List: what wire/cable to use for rotax magneto p-leads

Subject: Re: Europa-List: what wire/cable to use for rotax magneto p-leads
From: Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 11:57:26

Rowland:
Best to call your Rotax Dealer to see if they have the two small pins you
need to insert into the Molex Type ignition module connector box. In
Canada it was recommended to use a minimum of 18AWG shielded aircraft type
wire. My Rotax came with two pins you need to insert into the not yet
filled and marked "br" brown section of the Molex Type fastener mounted to
each of the ignition modules. You need a good crimping tool to make the
connection to the wire and I would use shrink wrap to lessen vibration
problems between wire and fastener. Make sure the wire is routed without
too much tension and well supported. Rotax specifies that both ends of the
shielded wire be grounded and that the wire be routed as much as possible
away from other wires, antennas, etc. to minimize interference. I am using
a separate through the firewall conduit  to allow this.
Christoph Both
#223 Classic 912S,finalizing CLASSIC engine installation
Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada