Re: Europa-List: GRT EIS Rotax probes for CLASSIC installation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: GRT EIS Rotax probes for CLASSIC installation
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:56:26
Chris,
Please check the grtavionics.com website for installation notes and the
updated manual .  I've attached Rev K.  We are a sales point for GRT and
install them frequently.
EGT s normally are two inches from the outlet of the head, but that is
in the crux of the bend.
2.75 is not that bad.  Anything beyond that like out to a max of 8
inches decreases accuracy but is still great for trends.  Normally only
the two rear cylinders are needed on a 912/914 engine.  Place the EGT
probes on a fairly straight section and drill the hole so as to keep the
probe from rubbing on anything.  Pay attention to the foot well and oil
tank and plan accordingly.

GRT avionics has the larger CHT ring terminals which go on the Rotax CHT
probes.  You unscrew the probes and put the CHT supplied rings on there
and they are an exact fit.  I believe for the Rotax it is a 12mm..

There is an option for those who desire a bolt on probe to the cylinder
fins.  This is normally not provided and I am surprised you received
one...

Regards,
Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations.