Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73 - slightly different

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73 - slightly different
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 17:36:22
&#65279;  Photo E-mail   View slideshow
<https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=2161856909618aa7&page=play&;
resid=2161856909618AA7!280&type=5&authkey=!ANjvqrEIxO9rAbE>|
Download images
<https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=2161856909618aa7&page=downl
oadphotos&resid=2161856909618AA7!280&type=5&authkey=!ANjvqrEIxO9rAb

Stephan,
Richard did a great job on his mod.  I have attached a drawing of our
solution which differed only in that the nutplates were riveted to a
tube horizontally and 1/4 inch bolts used.  (see drawing)  It was never
submitted as I had a local machine shop that could put out the work for
about $300 and make new holes and pins, or if the 3/8 pins weren't
installed yet, we could machine the holes to a zero tolerance fit.  A
drop of Loctite or two and the whole thing stayed solid for so far, 3
years.  So we dropped pursuing the idea.  Richard's mod 11969 is a
perfectly sound solution that should work.  I just felt that Redux on
the nutplate was a bit tedious when a rivet could be put into a steel
tube quickly.  I used a 1 1/4 inch tube (Sloppy fit for ease of moving
into position into an existing stab, slotted it on the bandsaw, slid it
in and marked the holes with a centering punch (inserted into a 1/4 inch
tube to center the punch on the hole and gave it a try.  A $10
experiment, that works, but it too is tedious.  When Roger Bull came out
with the Loctite solution and got it all approved, I sure liked not
having to go through approvals when what he did works.  You know us
Yanks, instant gratification.

Regards,
Bud Yerly

<https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=2161856909618aa7&page=play&;
resid=2161856909618AA7!281&parid=2161856909618AA7!280&type=1&authke
y=!ANjvqrEIxO9rAbE>