Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73 - slightly different

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73 - slightly different
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 21:47:49
Stephan=0Athat's a very neat solution. In fact it's probably the smartest a
nswer I've seen yet.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A F
rom: Stephan Cassel <stephan@scassel.se>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com
=0ASent: Tuesday, 16 October 2012, 18:15=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mo
d 73 - slightly different=0A =0A=0AHi Europa pilots/builders =0A=C2-=0AI
did the mod 73 per instructions five years ago and at first it looked =0Ago
od. After a short while the play was back.=0AMy assembly was perhaps a bit
tighter then normal so the Loctite did not =0Apenetrate enough. =0A=C2-
=0AIn order to get rid of the play I made =9Cspecial=9D washer,
 situated inside =0Athe torque tube. Now it was possible to tight the tubes
 hard together. =0AThe result was a zero play system. Complete solid for 5
year (340 hours) . =0AI know another builder that has solved the play in th
e same fashion with =0Acomplete success.=0A=C2-=0AHere is draft drawing t
hat shows the parts involved. In my case it was only =0Anecessary to change
 the outer bolts:=0A=C2-http://aero2012.scassel.se/Images/tailplanemod.PN
G=0A=C2-=0AIt is necessary to create a spanner with looong shank. I used
a wooden =0Astick and strapped the spanner to it. After 30-40 minutes and s
ome swearing (not =0Amuch) it was tight, very tight I may add.=0A=C2-=0AA
dditionally I made a thin black line, 4-5 cm long, on fuselage when TP =0At
railing edge was fully down, parallel with TP skin. This reference line mak
es =0Ait very easy to catch very small play over time.=0ASo far the TP is s
till on the reference line. I check this on every pre =0Aflight. =0A=C2-
=0ABest regards=0AStephan=0ALN-STE Mono in Norway.=0A=C2-=0A=0A=C2-=0A_