Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73 - slightly different

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73 - slightly different
From: Kevin Kedward <kpeng1@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 23:02:55
Hi guys,
              Maybe if a slot is machined across the flat side of the specia
l washer the size of the nut across the flats there would be no need for a l
ong handle and lots of swearing :)
        Regards
                       Kevin
       Ps an EDM wire cutting m/c would do the job curve and all.

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 Oct 2012, at 21:47, GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com> w
rote:

> Stephan
> that's a very neat solution. In fact it's probably the smartest answer I'v
e seen yet.
> Graham

od. After a short while the play was back.
> My assembly was perhaps a bit tighter then normal so the Loctite did not p
enetrate enough.

> In order to get rid of the play I made =9Cspecial=9D washer, s
ituated inside the torque tube. Now it was possible to tight the tubes hard t
ogether.
> The result was a zero play system. Complete solid for 5 year (340 hours) .
 I know another builder that has solved the play in the same fashion with co
mplete success.

> Here is draft drawing that shows the parts involved. In my case it was onl
y necessary to change the outer bolts:
>  http://aero2012.scassel.se/Images/tailplanemod.PNG
>
> It is necessary to create a spanner with looong shank. I used a wooden sti
ck and strapped the spanner to it. After 30-40 minutes and some swearing (no
t much) it was tight, very tight I may add.

> Additionally I made a thin black line, 4-5 cm long, on fuselage when TP tr
ailing edge was fully down, parallel with TP skin. This reference line makes
 it very easy to catch very small play over time.
> So far the TP is still on the reference line. I check this on every pre fl
ight.

> Best regards
> Stephan
> LN-STE Mono in Norway.