Europa-List: Mod 73 and Service Bulletin 15

Subject: Europa-List: Mod 73 and Service Bulletin 15
From: UVTREITH <uvtreith@tonline.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 10:46:25
Hi Family,

The accident with William and Paul happened not due to a technical
problem
with the Europa, it was a built problem.

But further investigations were showing that some builders had not made
the
layout of the pippin/tailplane correctly. Therefore to avoid problems
for
the future Mod 73 was issued.

As there was in addition a play via the complete system (from the stick
the tailplane due to the sum of connections) the Service Bulletin 15 was
issued.

Here it is mandatory to use Loctite 603 (very low viscosity) and apply
it to
all fixed connections. Dirk Oyen had for that a great solution (using a
vacuum cleaner to get the Loctite between the bushes and the torque
tube).
He made pictures and gave it at that time to the forum. Maybe it is
still
available.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,