Europa-List: Re: fuel flow

Subject: Europa-List: Re: fuel flow
From: europapa <experimental@online.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 14:50:39

I made my experiences with the installation of only one transducer.
I am using the floscan transducer and a separate fuel computer.
The quantity of fuel that returns may nearly be constant ( not in my
installation,
as the fuel pressure is for any reason not always the same ) but you can only
trick the computer with an matching K-factor for only one defined power setting.

One of the most important questions to the fuel computer for me is: how much
fuel
is left in tank after for example two hours flying?
But in a flight we use different power settings so the number the computer
showed
was rubbish.
So I redesigned the fuel routing:
The fuel line from the mechanical fuel pump now goes all the way back through
the
fire wall to the cavity where the fuel select switch is.
There I installed a y peace. One line goes with the restrictor in it back to the
tank while the other goes in a strait line and with the transducer in line back
through the fire wall to the carburetors.
So only the fuel used by the carburetors is measured and the accuracy is
outstanding.
After burning 40 liters there is only a discrepancy of half a liter.
And I have too all the benefits Raimo mentioned and I agree with him that this
system should be mandatory.
Sorry for my bad phrasing.

Juergen

Read this topic online here: