Re: Europa-List: Vapour lock? Why?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Vapour lock? Why?
From: PHILLIPS I <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 08:59:52
Hi Frans

A couple of month=92s ago I noticed fuel staining from my float bowls, so
decided to replace the gaskets with the nitrile type,

 My experience were they are next to useless,

They are too soft, as you tighten the bowl they squeeze out and leak far
worst than the standard paper ones,   The reason I didn=92t use the cork
gasket is they dissolve in ethanol so I didn=92t want a additional problem
if
any mogas I use is (contaminated) with it,

With the nitrile gaskets leaking as opposed to weeping paper ones I
couldn=92t get the the Engine pass 3000 rpm, With new paper ones it all bac
to normal even with a

40C takeoff  from Croatia last week

Ivor