Re: Europa-List: Landing mishap - asking for advise

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Landing mishap - asking for advise
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 18:57:15

Marcel, From recent experience I can give answers to some
but not all of your questions:
3) & 4) There are set Rotax protocols for this. I believe
it is advised to check the run out on the propeller shaft
and the integrity of the gear system and if these are OK
nothing else is needed , but if not the gear box comes off
and you check the run out on the  crank shaft and if that
is out of tolerance you need a new crank shaft. In any
case a  proper Rotax authorised technician should be able
to tell you exactly what is needed.
  5) A Woodcomp high twist Sr30003W had significant
benefits for me when I changed from a low twist SR2000. It
added 4kt to max speed and improved fuel economy and made
a major difference to cooling which had always been
something of a problem for me. I guess a SR30002W would
have enough clout to deal with your 912 but you could
confirm that with Woodcomp. I will send you seperately a
copy of the article I wrote with formal comparisons
between my SR2000 and theSR3000W.
          Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ