Re: Europa-List: Vapour lock? Why?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Vapour lock? Why?
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:08:14
Frans,

Just to clarify.  I have the original pump configuration, two pumps in
parallel.  I have an Andair check valve in series with each pump.  Several
years after I built my airplane the recommendation was to put the pumps in
series.  I did quite a bit of research and I could not come up with a
compelling reason to change something that wasn't broken.  With that said,
I doubt if the series pump configuration is contributing to your issue.

I have a single gascolator on the inlet side and nothing else.  Like Kevin
I don't particularly care for a single point of failure, however it would
difficult to install a second gascolator now.  If I were to do it over
again I would have a gascolator for each pump.

Regards, Paul