Europa-List: re: Avoiding ground Loops

Subject: Europa-List: re: Avoiding ground Loops
From: f.kyle@sympatico.ca
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 17:24:16
Fellow mono birds:
        I followed the discussion with interest and was intrigued to see the
by-play regarding various winds while taxying..
        I seem to remember (from Harvard days - our initial machine), that
much emphasis was put on the proper positioning of the stick.....
I seem to have several pokes of the rear seat stick to the back of my empty
head that - the stick is opposite the known wind when same is over 10
knots.*   Now the poor old HVD is much heavier so suspect the stick is more
sensitive at lower Europa winds.
PLUS the vert stab/rudder is much more sensitive than the HVD model
AND the winds were carefully measured and divulged at a training station.
FWIW
Ferg
C-FFGG 914 mono CSprop