Europa-List: Re: Avoiding ground loops

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Avoiding ground loops
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 04:06:59

A quick note on your PS regarding birds.  Many years ago, I was transitioning to
a Mooney, on final, and ducks appeared, flying across my path from stbd &
directly
for the windscreen (I could see their eyes!).  I announced to tower I was
going around & pulled up.  After, the instructor said that was the right thing
to do on a bird encounter, not because of where the birds might fly, but because
if they hit the plane, it is better to have the impact on a structure like
the belly than the windscreen.
Heather
N241BW

Read this topic online here: