Europa-List: Mono-brake line routing

Subject: Europa-List: Mono-brake line routing
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 19:57:30
> Chapter 29M - Monowheel Landing Gear

> Brake hose routing
> Connect the brake hose to the elbow fitting in the rear of the slave
> cylinder. Clip the pipe along the
> top of the swinging arm as far as the LG04 pin. Inexpensive plastic
> p-clips P408-008 secured with
> small self-tapping screws should be adequate. Stay on the outside
> and pass the pipe forward of LG08
> and then route it back over the top of the large tube inside the
> diagonals, and up to the top of the cockpit module. Keep it near the
> centre to avoid the flap push-rod (this will take it very close to
> the throttle cables which will be fitted later).

Fellow mono-builders,

Though my brake master cylinder is positioned exactly according to the
manual, I'm finding my brake line to be about 2" short if I follow the
manual and " route it back over the top of the large tube inside the
diagonals".

Have others experienced this condition of a too short brake line? Is
there a recognised alternative routing to what the manual calls for?

It appears to me that the brake line could be held tight against the
side of the CM w/ a couple more of those little plastic P-clips and be
clear of the flap drive mechanism...

...advice and experience gratefully accepted,

Fred