Re: Europa-List: RPM drop with a 914 above 100%

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RPM drop with a 914 above 100%
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 21:47:20
Bud,

I don't think you received my commentary on the nitrile gaskets.  =46rom
a previous e-mailing:

FWIW, the nitrile gaskets are probably OK if you have the carb off and
are doing a rebuild.  Where you can turn the carb upside down to put the
gasket in place and properly fit the bowl to the carb body without
disturbing the gasket.  Otherwise they are too floppy to try and install
on the bottom in an upright carb, in amongst the exhaust manifold and
various plumbing on the aircraft.  I was very careful, checked them with
a mirror for location and fit, still they moved out of position while
getting the bowls back on and tight.  Ended up with both gaskets cut by
the bowl.

Also, my float bowl nut uses an O-ring and not a flat gasket.  The
torque is 4 ft-lbs.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com