Europa-List: woodcomp install on G-umpy any tips ?

Subject: Europa-List: woodcomp install on G-umpy any tips ?
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 10:30:38

Got me a nearly new david joyce style 3 wide blade woodcomp and a smart avionics
controller.
Any tips for installation and/or operation?
I have the inserts on the prop 912ULS flange for the warp drive do these need to
come out I wonder?
I presume I can put the Manifold pressure sensor behind the dash, keep the wires
short and pipe the pressure tube through the firewall?
Install seems straightforward.
I seem to recall mr Carl P turning his to manual regularly during our flight in
his to stop the motor working all the time.
How useful is the extra external LED which shows the motor driving?

Comments appreciated as always.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS FWFD 912ULS/Warp drive FP
Newby: 25 hours
g@gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here: