Europa-List: Door (mis)fit

Subject: Europa-List: Door (mis)fit
From: jglazener <j.glazener@planet.nl>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 03:28:12

I am getting round to fitting the doors. As delivered, the stbd door fits nicely
in the recess on the upper fuselage, with only the lugs needing trimming. The
port door however has a gap between it and the recess at the front end. This
gap is zero at the bottom and widens up to 4mm at the top.

See:
http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=100176

At first I assumed someone at the Europa factory had been overzealous in
trimming
the door, but measurements show that both doors are practically identical.
The difference is in fact with the recess, with the port one being 4mm wider at
the top than stbd. Since these things come out of a mould, I have to assume
I am not the only one with this problem.

Anyone seen this before and know what to do with it?

--------
Jeroen

http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=44165

Read this topic online here: