Re: Europa-List: ipad mount

Subject: Re: Europa-List: ipad mount
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 14:00:50
Hi Gerry,

thanks. I certainly did - this was the situation
during 10th of May (that red is some blood in my
hand - those 3 1/8" holes are a bit tight to
penetrate both hands together towards a firewall -
I envy those panel builders who have an RV-style
direct access and a direct vision to the panel
back side).

I soldered all the wire joints and there were more
than 100 of them. Of course I have to move one
switch (IBBS master) to another place because of
space problems and of course ADI was planned to
instal up and fuel comp down but because of a lack
of space between ASI and ALT they went vice versa
and of course those wires from rpm gauge blow out
(not soldered - those stupid pins only) and it
took 6 hours to fish them back home and of course
also some minor problems like Gemini=B4s wiring
diagram REV A was uncompleted and I had to call
couple of times to Zachs and Lucas to TruTrak and
made a REV B but finally then it worked flawlessly
without smoke since a very first try to give pwr
them. Gemini is also connected to the pitot/static
and now I have a little worry have I managed to
make tight enough joints - that is something which
will be tested tomorrow as are also ALL the rubber
parts front of the firewall - they are brand new
and a fuel system front of the wire wall have a
totally new configuration because of added single
FT-60 "red cube"  (I have a fuel return line still
in use).

It is a funny, painful and in some cases also a
dangerous EXP-sickness (to have a kind of a
compulsion to update regularly panel) but always
so fascinating. And those old, heavy and
mechanical gyros AH and DG are finally out.

Will report. And make a dozen new placards...

Cheers, Raimo

-----Alkuper=E4inen viesti-----