Re: Europa-List: starter battery - LiFePO4

Subject: Re: Europa-List: starter battery - LiFePO4
From: Philip Levi <pjlevi@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:52:37
Craig

My battery is indeed in the rear.  The possibility of adding weight to the
tail was considered, but the amount required was such that the net weight
saving by changing the battery would not be all that significant.  It is a
relatively light aircraft as Europas go with a 912 UL engine but with an
Airmaster AP332 VP propeller and the nose near the forward CG limit.  I
also understand that adding significant weight to the tail can increase the
propensity to ground loop.

Philip.

G-BWWB Europa Monowheel Classic

*