Re: Europa-List: Talking of Fuel Vent Lines...

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Talking of Fuel Vent Lines...
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 07:28:14
There's one more reason for the holes in the rear of the vent tubes,-they
 were originally specified by our leader Burt Rutan=0Ato vent any rain wate
r straight out again so that it would not freeze and block the vent.-=0AG
raham=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: Bud Yerly <budyerly
@msn.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Monday, 23 April 2012, 1
:50=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Talking of Fuel Vent Lines...=0A =0A=0A =0A
Steve,=0AAs Fred said, point it forward.- I too drill holes in the aft en
d in =0Acase of a bug hit, dirt from-muddy ground etc.- I set mine glas
sed to =0Athe aft bulkhead on the trigear or on one of the outboard floor s
upports in the =0Amono on the starboard side.- It is not wise to place th
e vent on the =0Acenterline for contaminates from the nose or main wheel an
d be clear of the =0Aexhaust.- 1/4 inch tube will work OK.=0A-=0AThe ob
ject is that the vent will positively vent and the holes in the rear =0Akee
p it from clogging or building too much pressure.=0A-=0ARegards,=0ABud Ye
rly=0ATech support.=0A----- Original Message ----- =0A>From: stephen vestut
i =0A>To: europa-list@matronics.com =0A>Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2012 1:19
=0APM=0A>Subject: Europa-List: Talking of Fuel  Vent Lines...=0A>=0A>--> Eu
ropa-List message posted by: "stephen vestuti" <s.vestuti@gmail.com>=0A>=0A
>Hi,=0A>=0A>I =0A  intend to exit the filler neck vent under the fuselage,
does it need to =0A>face forward to airflow ( using 90 Deg. bend ), straigh
t down or =0A>turned aft ? Or does it make no difference =0A  ?=0A>=0A>=0A>
Steve.=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>Read this topic online here:=0A>=0A>http://forums
.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=371498#371498=0A>=0A>=0A>http://www.matron
nbsp;--- =0Avia the Web =0Atitle=http://forums.matronics.com/ =0A
href="http://forums.matronics.com";>http://forums.matronics.com=0A>_p;-