Re: Europa-List: Talking of Fuel Vent Lines...

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Talking of Fuel Vent Lines...
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 20:50:03
Steve,
As Fred said, point it forward.  I too drill holes in the aft end in
case of a bug hit, dirt from muddy ground etc.  I set mine glassed to
the aft bulkhead on the trigear or on one of the outboard floor supports
in the mono on the starboard side.  It is not wise to place the vent on
the centerline for contaminates from the nose or main wheel and be clear
of the exhaust.  1/4 inch tube will work OK.

The object is that the vent will positively vent and the holes in the
rear keep it from clogging or building too much pressure.

Regards,
Bud Yerly
Tech support.