RE: Europa-List: Airmaster AP332: replacement of slip ring brishes

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Airmaster AP332: replacement of slip ring brishes
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 19:58:53
Hi! Svein and all CS /Inflight variable props.

When I had my MT CS prop it was necessary for me to fabricate my own bracket
to hold the brush holder in place to mate with the slip rings.

The major requirement of adjustment if I recall correctly was that the
brushes should be at a 2 degree "Trailing" attitude( with no tolerances
applicable) to the direction of rotation and exactly on the centre line.

(It was completely unacceptable that there should be any leading/"Pushing"
angle)

I would expect that MT are one of the most experienced producers of this
type of Propeller and would never attempt to contradict their design wishes.

Hope this information helps you not forgetting that the actual measurement
of the dimension as small as that is quite a trial of competence of the
average builder.

Regards

Bob Harrison  G-PTAG Now with Rotax 914 and Woodcomp SR 3000. ( with one
brush replaced ) since new but last season was given a works refurb in Cech
.at 300 hours approx.

When I've time I will do some hour calcs.