Re: Europa-List: Airmaster AP332: replacement of slip ring brishes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Airmaster AP332: replacement of slip ring brishes
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:12:30
Max

After three years /160 hrs trouble free service I removed the brush box
to verify unused lenght of the brushes. I compared them to new ones.
There was still 2/3 to go (= useful lenght) in every brush. So I
suppose it would be a good time to change them for new in F-PMLH=C2=B4s
case!

I do remember Airmaster-Martin estimated me they will last typically at
least 300 hrs. That is well inline.

BTW it was a minor 20 minutes task to take it (a slip ring brush box, it
is not necessary to open it!) away, verify and instal back (safety
wireing takes some time). Will do it every 50 hrs or so in future.

***
This was also very first time I removed also the blades to service the
blade bearings and the hub internal parts (yes =93 I know
Airmaster Service Manual call it to do first 25 hrs, 50 hrs, 100 hrs and
then every single 100 hrs). I have to say it looked a new like. Also
that red grease looked fresh and totally undirty. Anyway I removed all
grease and did all the tasks as per manual. That took a whole day long
but maybe I was extra careful /concerned. I feel it is better to do
seldom and as well as you can (if there are no marks of problems) than
often and a bit hurry.  Grease I used was Aeroshell 22.

Cheers, Raimo Toivio

Europa XS Mono OH-XRT #417

Updated flight hours /landings: 258,15 /466

37500 Lempaala
FINLAND

p +358-3-3753 777
f +358-3-3753 100