RE: Europa-List: Approach and Landing Speeds

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Approach and Landing Speeds
From: Max Cointe <mcointe@free.fr>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:56:47

Hi there All,

First landing we made with F-LH were poor and bumpy as we managed them like
we did with the Cessna 172!
We discovered that speed is a point but feet and rudder efficiency is
critical and landing was much better with a bit of power and fan blowing. As
stall speed full flap is about 46-48, approach is done at 70 Knots, short
final by 60 and then reducing power to touch by 52-55 but still with some
blowing. This is made the ship nose up quite a lot... This could make the
landing a bit longer but yet we had ever at least 600 meters. Next exercise
will be for us to define a "short landing procedure"
Cheers,

Max  Cointe
F-PMLH TriGear Kit #560
912ULS Airmaster 420 hours