Europa-List: Dynon EFIS

Subject: Europa-List: Dynon EFIS
From: Martin Tuck <MJKTuck@cs.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:46:56

Hi Folks,

I'm still thinking of putting in the Dynon D100 EFIS with pitch and roll
autopilot for a project this winter. A couple of questions though from
anyone who has already done this - or similar.

1) does the Rotax generator generate enough power to handle the
additional power consumption of the EFIS and servos or would I need to
add more power generation via a generator presumably mounted to the
vacuum pump pad?

2) the servo installation instructions say" Wire Sizing: While it is
beyond the scope of this installation guide to advise on specific types
of wiring for a particular aircraft, choice of wiring should be sized to
1) minimize voltage drop over the length of the particular wiring run,
and 2) conduct the amount of current required by the subsystem without
the wiring becoming warm to the touch." Any ideas how to figure this out?

Regards,
Martin Tuck
N152MT
Wichita, Kansas