Re: Europa-List: mystery of missing aileron hinge wire

Subject: Re: Europa-List: mystery of missing aileron hinge wire
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 10:21:05
Hello Graham,

Although this is a bit of messing about, I drill and tie wire my hinge
pins.  I made a jig that has a hole in it the exact size of a hinge pin and
at right angles  to the hole I have small  .080' (I think?) hole which I
use as a guide for a fine drill.  I had to buy a packet of 10 hardened
drill for this purpose.

I put the wire in, use a twist tool and secure the other end in a crimp pin
that I put under one of the the hinge nuts. The other end of the pin is
simply bent at right angles.

The makes it very easy to install & remove the pin when I need to, but as I
said, quite a bit of messing around to make the jig.

Paul