Europa-List: mystery of missing aileron hinge wire

Subject: Europa-List: mystery of missing aileron hinge wire
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 02:09:19

Bit of a shock Friday on preflight check noticed no wire in the port outer
aileron
hinge.
Just flopping about !
Completely baffled, had only flown 25 min on previous flight a few days before
, and only 20hours total.
cant see that it could possibly have worked itself out
couldnt see it on the ground (though grass)
Plane had been outside for a few days while waiting for my hangar to vacate but
cant think that wind could have inched it out
An insane person might have removed it,
Very tight to get another one in.
More overhang and bends on new one, although its hard to bend - maybe need a
better
tool.
Curious and a bit scary.

Interestingly while doing a search on the forums I found the exact same thing
had
happened to someone else.
Going to be checking hinges closely for a good while.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS FWFD 912ULS/Warp drive FP
Just competed conversion to type
g@gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here: