Re: Europa-List: Rough running 912S

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rough running 912S
From: david park <dpark748@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:10:16

Weather conditions. - carb ice?

Sent from my iPhone

On 7 Mar 2012, at 05:07, klinefelter.kevin@gmail.com wrote:

> Where do I look next?
> Carbs.
> Kevin
>
> On Mar 6, 2012, at 1:23 PM, Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com> wrote:
>

>> My 912S hasn't run for almost 12 months. It started and ran well on ground
>> runs.
Test flight was OK although there was some 'plucking'. Since then I have
flown three more times and am finding that the engine runs fine at full revs or
climb settings but when I back off at the top of the climb, it splutters and
coughs a bit and runs quite roughly as if it is missing a bit. Doesn't fill me
with confidence. I have pulled the plugs and they seem fine, nice even grey
colour, no oily plugs. Where do I look next?