Europa-List: Re: Throttle Cables

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Throttle Cables
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 11:14:58

I am just getting checked out on G-UMPY after build. I used piano wire from
Airworld/jodel
as the originals started kinking. Trouble is these are now stiff and
sticking. I had to stop flying dismantle, oil and re route. It seems they should
really be longer and either PFTE coated wire or a coated housing. The orginal
stranded ones are lower resistance but maybe it was the routing that was
the real culprit. Not sure whats best now.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS FWFD 912ULS/Warp drive FP
Just waiting for the Permit to Fly to arrive after submitting test flight report

G@gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here: